People with high self-esteem acknowledge their strengths and apply them in their daily life. At the same time, they are aware of their weaknesses and address them with a positive approach. In other words, people with high self-esteem know themselves well. This helps them in being realistic in their expectations which puts them in firm control of their lives.
Improving your self-worth isn’t an instant result; it’s a process that takes time, practice, and a lot of introspection. It is all about learning how to respect yourself and requesting that from the others you work with. Let’s see how the people with high self-esteem think.
People with a positive self-esteem exhibit the following qualities −
● A friendly and cooperative nature
● No blaming others for their failures
● Being trustworthy and trusting others too
● Know and control the direction of their life
● The ability to say ‘no’ to something they don’t like
● An awareness of strengths and areas of improvement
● Understanding when others make mistakes and accepting
● Knowing personal boundaries and respecting those of others
● Acknowledging a mistake and learning how not to repeat them
It is this positive thinking that gives confident people a positive self-concept, which enables them to see themselves honestly which helps them in getting rid of pre-conceived negative ideas about themselves.