There are various types of co-branding as follows −
● Ingredient Co-branding − Multiple brands provide distinctive ingredient or component to the carrier brand. For example, Intel chip inside all computers.
● Product-Service Co-branding − It is a co-branding between a product and a service. For example, Best Western International, Inc. owns and operates a chain of hotels with state-of-the-art amenities and services to its customers. It runs an exclusive rewards program for Harley Davidson owners. The participating riders get lavish privileged treatment at the hotel.
● Alliance Co-branding − Multiple brand serve the same target audience. For example, Etihad Airways Partners, is a new brand which brings like-minded airlines together to offer customers more choice in flight schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.
● Supplier-Retailer Co-branding − Starbucks Wi-Fi started from AT&T in the most number of metropolitan cities in USA since 2008.
● Promotional Co-branding − It is an alliance of a brand with persons or events.