What is Coaching?
Coaching is a collaborative and co-creative process that inspires self-discovery, new possibilities, and strategic actions, designed to help you achieve your goals. The coaching conversation is an excellent tool that gives you a safe and secure outlet to discuss matters of importance with a neutral, confidential thinking partner. Coaching is based on asking powerful questions that ignite creative ways of thinking, inspiring you to do more than you thought you could, and holding you accountable for your decisions, actions and results.
Coaching provides the opportunity to reflect on matters of importance to you and to receive insightful feedback. Coaching often brings sensitive issues front and center, and I provide compassionate support to help you make changes that may be difficult to do on your own. The coaching process is designed to free you from past constraints, open you to new possibilities for being and doing, and to challenge you to reach your full potential.
Elements of coaching include:
- Values and skills assessments/inventories
- Customized learning activities and resources
- Keeping a journal of your process and progress
- E-mail support between calls
My coaching philosophy
I subscribe to the coaching philosophy which honors the client as the expert in his/her life, and I believe that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole. When appropriate, I offer consulting and mentoring based on my expertise in creativity, arts-based learning, and design thinking for innovation.
My responsibilities as a coach:
- Support you in setting rewarding goals
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Listen objectively and provide candid feedback
- Encourage self-discovery, creativity and learning by doing
- Elicit your solutions and strategies
- Hold you responsible and accountable for your choices and actions
Benefits of coaching
- Overcome barriers that keep you from making progress
- Maximize your strengths and abilities
- Improved productivity, and efficiency
- Complete unfinished business and move on
- Achieve more with less effort
- More time for reflection and creative pursuits
- Create sustainable change in your life and work
- Live life with purpose, passion and integrity