In this era of globalization where companies compete to provide the best quality products to the customers and satisfy all their demands, supply chain management plays a very important role. All the companies are highly dependent on effective supply chain process.
Let’s take a look at the major advantages of supply chain. The key benefits of supply chain management are as follows −
● Develops better customer relationship and service.
● Creates better delivery mechanisms for products and services in demand with minimum delay.
● Improvises productivity and business functions.
● Minimizes warehouse and transportation costs.
● Minimizes direct and indirect costs.
● Assists in achieving shipping of right products to the right place at the right time.
● Enhances inventory management, supporting the successful execution of just-in-time stock models.
● Assists companies in adapting to the challenges of globalization, economic upheaval, expanding consumer expectations, and related differences.
● Assists companies in minimizing waste, driving out costs, and achieving efficiencies throughout the supply chain process.
These were some of the major advantages of supply chain management. After taking a quick glance at the concept and advantages on supply chain management, let us take a look at the main goals of this management.