The brand managers can create a strong brand leveraging, by maintaining the quality of all products in different categories under the brand.
The brand managers need to decide which products can be leveraged under a brand. It is very important for them to leverage a brand only into related or associated categories of the original product.
In order to make the best decision for the brand, they need to find answers for the following questions −
● Is the new product related to the established product family?
● Does the established brand has characteristics that can be effectively carried on into new categories?
● What will be the appropriate leveraging strategy?
● What will be the impact on original brand name? Will it be strengthened or diluted?
● Does the company have essential facilities to manufacture and distribute a new and differentiated product?
● Will sales of the new product cover the cost of product development and marketing?
● If leveraging fails, what are the policies to revert or to keep original brand’s reputation?
A brand leveraging strategy can be extremely successful and profitable if it is correctly implemented and provides new products with the right image.