JAD sessions are highly structured, facilitated workshops that bring together customer decision makers and IT staff to produce high quality deliverables in a short period.
In other words, a JAD Session enables customers and developers to quickly come to an agreement on the basic scope, objectives and specifications of a project or in case, not come to an agreement which means the project needs to be re-evaluated.
Simply put, JAD sessions can
● Simplify − It consolidates months of meetings and phone calls into a structured workshop.
● Identify − Issues and participants
● Quantify − Information and processing needs
● Clarify − Crystallize and clarify all requirements agreed upon in the session.
● Unify − The output from one phase of development is input to the next.
● Satisfy − The customers define the system; therefore, it is their system. Shared participation brings a share in the outcome; they become committed to the systems success.