Goals and objectives motivate people and help them to work in the right direction. This helps them to focus on short term goals by giving them enough time to achieve them. In other words, the strategy for your goals should be SMART, which when elaborated in this context means −
● Specific − The first thing is to be sure about your goals. Like imagining your goal for 10 minutes every day.
● Measurable − Set a time by which you should probably reach your goal. Like becoming more productive and increasing some percent of productivity is not specific.
● Attainable − Make goals that you can achieve within the given timeframe. For example, if you are thinking of doubling your salary within a month, it is not possible.
● Relevant − The goals you aim should be like your situation. For example, a goal to increase production is not relevant for a person in sales.
● Timely − Your goals should have a timeframe.
SMART is the best strategy one can plan to achieve goals and focus on the right direction. It is better to have short goals and work on them rather than having long term goals which cannot be attained in the upcoming future.