Images are effective, however they can be resource intensive. Therefore it is important that images are used in their most compressed yet clear format. It affects download time and bandwidth use. Optimized images lead to faster page loading, decreased use of bandwidth, and effective memory management. Flickr and Picasa are the most popular websites that provide a host of features in this segment.
● Flickr − Flickr is one of the most popular websites for image and video hosting services. It allows users to share and embed pictures. It is a great platform for photo researchers and bloggers to host images to use in blogs and social media.
● Picasa − It is a photo sharing website that allows image organization and image viewing. It lets you transfer, find, organize, edit, and share images. It lets you apply a rich palette of effects, share your pictures on Google+, and tag people in the picture.
Image marketing is one of the biggest trends of evolving social media marketing. Images can be used in social media marketing to give it a definite boost.
● Images have the power to capture the attention of an audience. Readers mostly don’t have enough time to read lengthy content. In such cases, images can relay the message you want to share in a short span.
● Images can illustrate your points better. It is always advisable to have a pictorial representation of the text, wherever there is scope to have one. There are visual readers who understand better when they are supplied with an appropriate informative image.
● Images add color. Text becomes boring without images. Readers often lose interest while reading a one-dimensional descriptive text. Images can make your posts more vibrant.
● Images attributed with proper titles and description can boost your search result rankings.
Selecting appropriate images for your business is a mind-boggling task. But you need to keep some points in mind before using them in your content.
● Are you authorized to use it? Do you own it? Violating image copyrights can cost your business.
● Relevancy − Make sure the image is relevant to the content it is posted with.
● Appealing − It should be your priority to make your images attractive, compelling, and relevant.
● Use appropriate format and size − Keep the quality and resolution of your images in check. High resolution images look good, but they are heavy and occupy a lot of memory space.
Before you upload an image, make sure it is your original work or free from copyright restrictions.
Creative images are eye-catching. One cannot overlook them. They compel you to see the message behind them. To make your images spell-binding, use a creative approach.
● Pose an idea or a message in your picture.
● Use color splash. It makes them noticeable.
● Emphasize the gist or the bottom line.
● Include text to support your picture.
● Use shades and contrast.
There are tonnes of images available in ‘public domain’. These images do not have any copyright restriction on them. You can use such images for free of cost.
If you want to buy professional images, then the following websites provide a great many options −
These websites let you purchase the copyright of an image.