A résumé is a document used to present an applicant’s backgrounds and skills while applying for new employment. It’s a summary of a candidate’s job experience and education.
Although the templates of résumés vary from profession to profession, we will discuss the most widely accepted format here, which consists of −
● Name − Full name of the applicant without general salutations like Mr., Ms.
● Address − the permanent address
● Objective − the aim of your professional life
● Education − your academic qualification
● Skills − areas of expertise in your profession
● Programming Languages − if any
● Software Tools − Software tools you use in your profession (MS Word, Excel)
● Operating System Platforms − operating system you use (Windows, Mac)
● Database Management System − if any
● Personal Skills − soft skills
● Experience Breakdown − detailed explanation of your experience
● Achievements & Interests − Hobbies. Achievements in professional life
● Declaration − stating all information provided about the applicant as true
NOTE − Fields marked (e, f, i) will change as per applicant’s area of expertise. Points (g, h) are considered parts of a general template now, as almost all the companies now expect the candidate to have basic computer proficiency on some specific software tool (MS Word, MS Excel, etc…).